St Madeleine’s Primary believes in forming a collaborative community where the freedom to explore and ask questions is encouraged.
Respect for one another is fostered through the celebration of gifts and differences, in the tradition of compassion, justice and love. The explicit teaching of Catholic values and social skills, the Buddies Program, the Student Representative Council and the recognition of achievement empower our students to self manage and to solve conflicts.
We assist students who need specialised support through our school Learning Support Program and Case Management meetings. Our school counsellor is able to meet with students and parents when the need arises.
At St Madeleine’s we aim to:
- Respect and care for each other
- Respect each other’s personal space
- Wear our uniform with pride
- Care for our school environment
- Care for our property and the property of others
- Play fairly and safely
We use these strategies to contribute to student enhancement
- School values
- Social skills
- Buddies program
- Co-operative learning skills
- The Student Representative Council
- Library monitors program
- Merit awards