A St Madeleine's education allows students to discover their own talents and provides opportunities to fully explore these.
We encourage our students to learn more than just the fundamentals, engaging them in a wide array of co-curricular activities. In addition to the standard teaching programs, St Madeleine's provides the following:
- early intervention programs for literacy and numeracy
- peer mentoring (buddies) involving Year 6 students supporting Kindergarten students in their work
- athletics, swimming & cross country carnivals
- Voice of Youth
- Inter-school Debating
- ICAS competitions (held in English, Maths, Writing, Science, Spelling, and Digital Technologies)
- a Peer Support Program led by Year 6 involving all children K-6
- various sporting gala days (Rugby League, AFL, soccer, netball, cricket)
- transition programs for high school
During the term we distribute Scholastic Book Club’s specially compiled list of reasonably priced books to the children. Details on how to purchase the books are included on the forms. This is an entirely voluntary purchase.
Instrument and Band Tuition
Instrument lessons are held through class time and band practice is held before school. These lessons are organised through Teaching Services Australia and give students opportunities to learn saxophone, clarinet, flute, trumpet, trombone, drums, and guitar.